Acupuncture is helpful for various medical conditions, including pain management, wound healing, neurological disease or injury, and internal medical complaints.
- Pain management is one of the most common uses for acupuncture, often in conjunction with a more traditional treatment plan.
- Musculoskeletal problems like arthritis, hip dysplasia, or nerve injuries can respond to acupuncture. It is often employed during rehabilitation after an injury.
- Skin problems like allergic dermatitis, granulomas, or hot spots may respond well to acupuncture treatment because increased circulation can improve healing, while pain reduction will reduce a dog’s over-grooming or itching responses.
- Gastrointestinal problems like nausea and diarrhea can be aided by the increased blood flow from acupuncture. It may also help normalize digestive activity by stimulating digestive secretions.
- Respiratory problems like asthma and allergies can benefit from the immune-calming, anti-inflammatory capabilities of acupuncture.